COMEDK UGET (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental, Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test) is a state-level entrance test conducted annually by the Association of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges (AMDEC) run by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation (KPCF) Trust for merit determination of students seeking admission to its member institutions. This is for nearly 20 thousand seats of engineering, dental, and medical programs offered by over 14 medical colleges, 25 dental colleges and 150 engineering colleges of Karnataka. The Association conducts UGET (Under Graduate Entrance test) as well PGET (Post Graduate Entrance Test) each year.
The COMEDK UGET is the entrance to MBBS, BDS, B.Tech. and B.Arch. courses.
Students belonging to any state can take this COMEDK test if they are able to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
The criteria for eligibility are separately detailed for UG engineering, architecture, and medical and dental candidates. Candidates who do not satisfy any of the eligibility criterion are not eligible for admission.
For Medical and Dental Candidates
- The applicants must have cleared the 12th or PUC or any equivalent examination from any authorized board (without open university/board) of the country with at least 50% marks if they belong to general category and 40% if they belong to SC, ST and OBC. This means the aggregate of general candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Biology should me at least 50% and aggregate of SC, ST and OBC candidates in the aforementioned subjects should be at least 40%.
- Candidates who are pursuing their 12th class or PUC exam and expecting to score the percentage as required are qualified to apply.
- Candidates who were earlier selected for the MBBS seat and had failed to join the college or had not given up the seat at COMEDK level are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of examination.
- Candidates who have been caught cheating or copying before are not eligible to apply.
For Architecture Candidates
- Applicants must have cleared the 12th or PUC or any equivalent examination from any authorized board (without open university/board) of the country or should have 10+2 diploma with at least 45% marks if they belong to the general category and aggregate of 40% if they belong to SC, ST or OBC category in the state of Karnataka. Mathematics is a mandatory subject.
- Applicants must have appeared and scored a minimum of 80 marks out of 200 marks in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the COA for both general and reserved category students.
- There is no admission test for admission to B.Arch. courses.
- There is a separate application submission for candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. courses.
- The applicants must have cleared the 12th or PUC or any equivalent examination from an authorized board (without open university/board) of the country with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry and English as a mandatory subject.
- Candidates must have passed in each compulsory Subject. The candidates belonging to general category must have passed with at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. The candidates belonging to SC, ST or OBC category must have passed with at least 40% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Mathematics and Physics are mandatory subjects along with Biology or Chemistry or Biotechnology or any other technical professional course as an optional subject.
- COMEDK does not have any lateral admission scheme and hence diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for the exam.
COMEDK UGET Application forms are available online for which the candidates have to register on the official online portal of the exam. The candidates are then required to fill the all the details in the online registration form. After submitting the details, each applicant is sent a Unique login ID and password via email and SMS on the registered phone number.
The application fee has to be paid through the debit/credit card or net banking or through the Demand Draft collected by any national bank of India. The candidates are required to pay the application fees of 1200 INR through any of the aforementioned modes of payment. The examination is conducted in English language and contains objective type questions only. There is no system of any negative marking for the wrong answers. One mark is given to every correct answer. The time duration of the examination is two-hours.
The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) will conduct the COMEDK UGET 2017 on May 14 for admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes across engineering colleges in Karnataka.